Saturday, 15 May 2021
Tuesday, 1 June 2021
Tuesday, 1 June 2021
Early Registration Deadline (last day of discounted registration fees):
Thursday, 1 July 2021
Notification to Submitters and Abstract Award Winners:
Thursday, 15 July 2021
iPoster Presentations uploading deadline (pdf and MP4 videos):
Monday, 15 August 2021
Deadline for Virtual Participants giving Oral Presentations to upload their MP4 Presentations:
Monday, 15 September 2021
Delegates who would like to present their work as an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
Please refer to the instructions here below so as to ensure a smooth and successful abstract submission.
The corresponding topic must be selected (see list below) to ensure correct scoring of the abstract. The content of the abstract must be topic related. The papers will be peer-reviewed and selected for oral, iPoster and/or Lightning Talk presentation. A paper should not be submitted to the 9th Annual Meeting of the International Cytokine and Interferon Society if the full paper has been already published.
For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is of maximum 3’600 characters and 45 lines. This includes the author’s details, titles and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
ICIS-Milstein Travel/Abstract Awards:
ICIS members participating as abstract presenters at Cytokines 2021 Hybrid Meeting are eligible to apply for ICIS-Milstein Travel/Abstract Awards through the online abstract submission form.
They are provided through a grant from the Milstein Family based on the scientific merit of the abstract.
Applications are ranked based on scientific excellence and funds allocated based on Abstract ranking.
• The application is submitted through this questionnaire.
• Deadline to submit is the same as the Abstract submission deadline.
• ICIS membership must be current to be eligible for an ICIS-Milstein Travel/Abstract Award.
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the official online abstract submission form which will be available here from February 15, 2021 through 1 June, 2021.
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
LIST OF ABSTRACT SUBMISSION TOPICS
- Mechanisms of Cytokine and Cytokine Receptor Systems (Cytokines in cellular metabolism and immune homeostasis)
- Cytokine control of ILCs
- Designer cytokines and cytokine immunotherapy
- Tissue homeostasis and barrier immunity
- Control of mucosal immunity
- Cytokines in anti-viral immunity
- Epigenetic control of cytokine-mediated outcomes
- Mechanisms of cytokine release syndromes
- Single cell analysis of inflammatory outcomes
- Mechanisms of interferonopathies
- Understanding complexities of immune mediated diseases
- Determinants of disease heterogeneity
- Cytokines in allergic reactions
- Cancer and immunology, happy neighbours?
- Cytokines in pain and psychoneuroimmunology
- Stromal tissue as orchestrators of disease outcome
- Determinants of cell fate
- Systems approaches in precision medicine
- Stratification and re-purposing of biological therapies
- Combinatorial drug targeting in immune disease
AFTER THE SUBMISSION
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to scientific, translational or clinical value, relevance to Cytokines 2021, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, originality of work and overall impression. The submitting authors will be notified by 15 July, 2021 at the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted. If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement, reflecting the reasons of this decision must be sent to [email protected] no later than Monday 30 August 2021.
Your notification will include the type of presentation and instructions on how to submit your presentation. More details coming soon.
Accepted abstracts will be available on the Cytokines 2021 Hybrid Meeting website. iPoster and Oral presentations will be available live and virtually during the Hybrid Meeting (October 17-20, 2021) and for three weeks following the live event.
For any further enquiries, please contact the Cytokines 2021 Abstract Handling Team at [email protected]